Lorain & Allen Lovejoy
- How long have you known Mark?We met Mark right after he moved to Old Greenwich from Ohio to take over Greenwich YL.
- Three words to describe Mark: Thoughtful, honest, diligent
- If Mark created a nickname for you, what is it and where did it come from?
Mark may have been the first to name me (Lorain) Mamma Lovejoy. He had a habit of dropping off the new female YL leaders at my house and saying that they needed a Greenwich family. We still have ongoing relationships with Jessica Freeman & Sheryl Moon.
- Funny memory with Mark:
Allen met Mark on one of his first days setting up his office at PCOG. Allen accosted him with, "Who are YOU?"
Also for a YL skit Mark asked Avery to eat a cricket, which she did. Mark was nervous that we would be angry with him. I think we pretended to be!
- How has Mark impacted your life?
Mark always makes us laugh but he is also thoughtful, caring and deeply faith filled.
- What do you think Mark’s legacy will be? What is his lasting imprint on the world?
Mark came in and revitalized the Greenwich Young Life community which had been floundering. He was relentless in his pursuit of excellence.
More than anything Mark's lasting imprint on the world will be the fine young Christian men he and Chris are raising.
- Anything else you’d like to say to wish Mark Happy 50th Birthday!
Mark, Wishing you a wonderful birthday and many years of blessings on you and your family. We miss you and hope to see you on one of our Atlanta visits soon!