- How long have you known Mark?Since I was a wee lad of 16.
- Three words to describe Mark: Helpful, enthusiastic, wise
- If Mark created a nickname for you, what is it and where did it come from?
Johnny Mitch. The exact origins have been lost to history, but it was probably on a Young Life camp trip, either Saranac 1996 or Rockbridge 1997.
- Funny memory with Mark:
I'm not sure Get Down would appreciate me telling the Sweet Rolls story here, so I would go with the time he took me and 6 other guys to do manual labor at Saranac. We stopped at Niagara Falls to get dinner, and Mark tried valiantly to have the waitress - Leslie - give one of us her phone number. That, and he was the coach of the best church basketball teams ever constructed: St. Joe's 1997 CYA, and St. Paul's 1998. And one more: I had the distinct honor of being his roommate when he started dating this wonderful woman named Chris Cockfield. It was a six month lease of watching palpable romantic tension.
- How has Mark impacted your life?
Dude helped me meet Jesus. Cannot be much more impactful than that.
- What do you think Mark’s legacy will be? What is his lasting imprint on the world?
See answer above.
- Anything else you’d like to say to wish Mark Happy 50th Birthday!
Shull, I'm still not really sure how to pronounce your last name, but you have been one of the 5-10 most defining friendships of my life. Thank you for your friendship and mentoring. Love you brother!