Eric “EJ” Johnson
- How long have you known Mark?since 1999
- Three words to describe Mark: Pretty good good
- Funny memory with Mark:
I worked at Showcase Cinemas in Maumee and was able to get a couple of free passes for a group of YL leaders coming in after a Saturday night leadership. Mark spent 10 minutes negotiating with my boss until he agreed to let all 15 leaders in for free.
- How has Mark impacted your life?
Mark helped to create an environment in YL that was attractive to a kid like me who was skeptical of organize religion after drifting from church. He also built a leadership culture I was able to plug into later that was closet thing to Acts 2 I have ever seen in my discipleship journey. I recent graduated from seminary and will be ordained this fall, and my experiences in YL were the catalyst for all of that.
- What do you think Mark’s legacy will be? What is his lasting imprint on the world?
Mark has the gift of making people feel important and included. He modeled the nature of Christ, full of grace and truth.
- Anything else you’d like to say to wish Mark Happy 50th Birthday!
How you doin?