- How long have you known Mark?10 months. some loud, fun and energetic guy called me in October 2015 to talk about a position at BC
- Three words to describe Mark: Intentional, Motivator, Compassionate
- If Mark created a nickname for you, what is it and where did it come from?
He has tried to create one since my last name is "Oprea"....He's called me OPEY (pronounced OH-PEE)....this cannot stick! He knows this, makes me laugh when he calls me that.....as it is one my varsity soccer coach called me and there's bad memories there. I suppose its TBA what he ends up calling me! I'm anxiously anticipating this occasion.
- Funny memory with Mark:
In my 3 months of walking with Mark in my new role as his "young Jedi warrior" as he likes to say....I suppose my funniest memories are in the times we have had in his office preparing for the year where random stories pop up about his days in YL and him asking about my experience in student ministry as well. Mark is a phenomenal story teller.
- How has Mark impacted your life?
My new job working for him as my manager is a big change, in lots of varying categories from ministry audience to actually having a boss. He has been a tremendous guide and encourager for me during this transition and has led cared for me well. In light of my big change schedule wise...the transition during my first 3 months could not have gone smoother with Mark. This 3 month journey will be developed further as God unites us as a team.
- What do you think Mark’s legacy will be? What is his lasting imprint on the world?
Giving men clarity around what a man after God looks like for them personally.
- Anything else you’d like to say to wish Mark Happy 50th Birthday!
For youR birthday week I am accomplishing OPERATION GET'EM LOCKED IN!